- The college may apply existing credits to the student's delinquent outstanding debt.
- All students who are eligible for a cash refund will receive the refund via mail or direct deposit.
- Refunds made in accordance with NACHA (National Agency Clearing House Association) and the Merchant Services Agreement (merchant shall make no cash refunds to purchasers on Card sales):
- If classes are paid with a credit card, a refund is to be first applied to the original credit card payment.
- Any Financial Aid posted after the account has been paid by a credit card is refunded back to the credit card before any money is returned to the student.
- There will be no exceptions to this procedure.
Note: Visit the cashier's office for mini-mester refund policy.
As prescribed by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, the South Texas College refund policy is as follows:
Tuition (Excludes Mini-mesters)
Refund percentage may be greater than stated below. "Class day" refers to South Texas College's scheduled class day, not the student's class meeting days.
|A 100% refund is to be made for courses dropped (drop or withdraw) prior to or on the second class day.||January 18, 2017|
|During the next 13 class days: 70%||January 19, 2017 - February 6, 2017|
|During the 16th through 20th class day: 25%||February 7, 2017 - February 14, 2017|
|After the 20th class day: None||February 15, 2017|
Incidental Fees (Excludes Mini-mesters)
Audit Fee, Credit by Exam, Installment (processing and late) Fee, Emergency Loan late fee, Reinstatement Fee, and any other fee approved by the Board of Trustees of South Texas College.
|Prior to first class day: 100%||January 16, 2017|
|First class day and after: None||January 17, 2017|