Returned Checks / Stop Payments
- Payments made to South Texas College and returned by the bank due to insufficient funds, accounts closed or stop payments will not be redeposited.
- To clear a returned check, you must contact Cashiers to pay for the check. A $30 fee will be charged on all returned check items.
- A student who is indebted to South Texas College will not be allowed to register, request official transcripts, receive grades, or receive any other information.
- Students who have established an insufficient check status on their student account will be required to pay by means of cash, cashier's check, money order or credit card. Checks will not be accepted.
- If the check is not paid by the end of the semester, the account becomes delinquent and consequently will be released to one of the external collection agencies or to the District Attorney. Any fees assessed will be the student's responsibility.
- Stop payment on a tuition check does not constitute an official withdrawal from the college and will be considered as a NSF item.
Students who have established an insufficient check status on their student account will be required to pay by means of cash, cashier's check or money order. Checks will not be accepted.