IMPORTANT CHANGES TO YOUR REFUND
Effective May 1, 2016, South Texas College will be processing all student refunds and disbursements in the form of a paper check which will be mailed to you. What does this mean to you? If you previously received your refunds and disbursements directly to your checking account or prepaid card, you will now receive a paper check by mail.
In order to avoid any possible delays in receiving your disbursements, please update your address and phone number in JagNet.
For your convenience, BBVA Compass Bank, the college’s depository bank, has agreed to cash South Texas College’s student refund checks free of charge. You will be required to present a photo ID to cash your refund check to comply with banking regulations.
If you have a U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard, you should have already received communication by mail from U.S. Bank about your card. Here are some important dates to remember:
- Last day to load funds to your campus prepaid account: April 30, 2016
- college financial aid and other refunds
- using direct deposit or reload networks
- checking or savings account, or credit or debit card deposit
- Last day to activate a replacement card June 25, 2016
- Last day to use all funds on your campus prepaid account June 29, 2016
- The US Bank ATMs will be available on campus until June 30, 2016
- Campus prepaid accounts will close June 30, 2016
- Transaction history can be viewed online through December 31, 2016.
Please contact U.S. Bank Cardholder Services at 1-855-613-9098 if you have any questions.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your assistance in making this transition as smoothly as possible. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the South Texas College Cashiers’ Department at 956-872-3455.